Sunday, October 24, 2010

Don’t Look Now Mom But Your Issues Are Hanging Out


    Not my arm
  • For a change of pace one of my favorite work kids (rather than me) hurt her arm.  (I do not think it is broken, but I was standing right next to her so I feel like crap about it.)




    Not my daughter
  • I came home form work to discover that CoCo (2 1/2) had rubbed Bert’s Bee’s ointment all over her hair.  After 3 washes with Dawn dish washing liquid she still looks like one of those birds rescued from the Golf Oil Disaster!  But gee, her hair smells terrific.



 
    Not my Amélie
  • Ammé informed me that “the reason you don’t let me spend the night at other people’s houses is because you love me too much, you miss me too much and you worry about me too much.  Really, mom…I’ll be fine, I’m 5 now, so you don’t have to worry about me anymore.”  Don’t look now mom but your issues are hanging out.


    Not Mad's Flip Flops
  • I dropped Mad off for a Bat Mitzvah.  About an hour later I had a panic attack because I have no idea what she is wearing on her feet.  That is right I am having an anxiety attack over my 12 year-olds footwear.  I checked her hair - nice, her outfit – cute, no purse I hope she doesn’t lose the card/$ I can’t spare.  But I am blank on the foot situation.  What kind of mother sends her child out and has no idea what she is wearing on her feet?  What if something happened and I did not have the description of her footwear?  I know it is silly…but…My issues are hanging out


  • If I pick Mad up and she is wearing flip-flops, to a Bat Mitzvah in 50 degree Michigan weather, I will need a xanax!  …Hell, I may need one now.
Not my award  
  • I am allowing my 5 year-old to walk my 2 ½ year-old on a leash…don’t judge me, I just need a free 10 minutes to mop.

  • It suffices to say I will not be up for mom or coach of the year anytime soon.





5 Comments:

J. Marie Jameson said...

I like this post. It's crazy. It's wacky. It's entertaining.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Sometimes I need to lighten up a bit, I’m glad you enjoyed it. BTW her hair still smells terrific, and luck for her (and my heart) Mad wore real shoes. Thank god!

Campbell said...

Actually, I didn't allow the sleep over thing til my son was quite old, old enough to speak up for or protect himself from...whatever. He could have friends stay at our place if he wanted, but, nope, no sleepovers out. Now, much easier likely to keep a boy from wanting to do them. Anyway, I never felt this choice was due to mommy issues, just due to the fact that I was smart haha.

(Oh yeah, and now he sleeps at his girlfriend's over half the time but he is 20)

Yolanda Dawn said...

I have a great solution to the sleepover issue. From the Grannie died when Maia was 3 or 4 I had all the kids at my house every weekend. Mostle just little Damon, but Tiarra, Tianna, and anybody else's kid that would keep Maia company. Oh by the way that's when I really started drinking so never mind.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

LOL, @ Yo! If Granny were still around all of mine would be there too.

@ Campbell, my oldest didn’t spend the night until she was 9 years-old. It is still something I am not crazy about. I just thought it was hilarious that my 5 year old thinks I worry too much.

 
Powered by Blogger