Sunday, January 2, 2011

Off The Junk

  • So I have been a slug, slug like - hell, a sloth.  I got tired of the vicious cycle of exhausted, caffeine, crash, caffeine, insomnia, exhaustion…so I decided to give up caffeine generally, the 2 Gallons of Diet Coke I was drinking daily specifically.   

  • I had to plan it out and wean myself off the junk (Diet Coke) over a week with a protocol that would rival that of a methadone clinic’s.  I barely got any headaches.
  • It has been two weeks and I have managed to stop the vicious cycle of exhausted, caffeine, crash…Now it is just exhausted, exhausted, exhausted…

  • I am sure the people a Coke have assembled a team to evaluate the sharp decline in the sales of Diet Coke over the past two weeks.  Some poor Coke executive’s kid will probably have to apply for student loans on my account.  

  • I’d like to say ‘I feel so much better!’ but, I don’t I just feel sleepy.  Apparently, I need a nap every four hours…who knew? 

  • I think my brain cells need the caffeine to fire properly.  I’ll give it another week, and if I still need a nap at noon and five, I will have to rethink the whole thing…maybe a little green tea wouldn’t hurt…

  • Being the adult child of a recovering alcoholic I know what they say “one drink is too many and 1,000 is never enough

  • …hey maybe I should start a Diet Coke 12 step program.

 
Powered by Blogger