Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The House That Built Me

It was a country music kind of day…

You leave home and you move on and you do the best you can

I got lost in this old world and forgot who I am

I thought if I could touch this place or feel it

This brokenness inside me might start healing

Out here it’s like I’m someone else

I thought that maybe I could find myself If I could walk around

I swear I'll leave. Won't take nothing but a memory

from the house that built me.

written by Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin

 

The thing is there is no house that built me. There is only a collection of places I never really belonged. They say you can’t go home, but I don’t even know where that’d be.

Yes, it has been that kind of day, if I had a home I would have gone there.


 
Powered by Blogger