Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know: According to the book, Assessing the Long-Term Effects of Foster Care, as many as 40% of adults who were foster children are receiving welfare benefits or are in jail. Only about half graduate from high school, compared to 78% of the general public. Their homeless rate is at least four times that of the general population?
We must raise the bar people, according to the stats I am a stunning success! I feel like I am a living comedy bit- when ever I am feeling over whelmed I can always say “at least I ain’t in jail!” and feel accomplished, that will not however, win me a cookie. Funny but not really.

1 Comments:

WHEREDOIJUMPOFF said...

I DO know this and it is PATHETIC. A country like the US can and needs to do better with all people in its care. They need to do it at the front end, so people have a chance in life when they are on their own. I have been studying the stats on prisoners as well as foster care kids. If we did a better job at the front end with both of these groups, it would cost way less in the long run. God forbid our government does something that actually makes sense, and, I believe, everybody would agree on. Sunday - I am glad you have made a way for your life and I am glad you are sharing your experience. Keep the stories coming!

 
Powered by Blogger