Friday, March 4, 2011

Just What I Mean

"If your mom was a hardworking woman and is your hero helped you no matter how bad you were or is just the best mom ever, if you are blessed to still have her or if she is an angel in heaven, paste this to your status and let everyone know You are PROUD of your Mother. You can replace a lot of people in life, but you only have one Mother"
Facebook
How many times do you see statuses like this going around Facebook?
Or the equally sappy ones about the dad who worked so had to provide you with all the advantages in life?
Even if I were big in “chain” statuses, I would not be copy and pasting any like these.
Do you know how hard it is to attempt to acknowledge Mother’s or Father’s day, even with just a card?
You sacrificed so much for me
You were always there for me
Unconditional love… Blah, Blah, Blah…
Being that I don’t like lies or the people who depend on them I usually just let those days pass by. But I have often thought there should be a line of “Just What You Mean” greeting cards.
For your parents:
Thanks for not smoking crack while you were pregnant
Thanks for kind of paying child support…sometimes…$15.00 at a time…for decades
You didn’t totally suck and I love you anyway
What would you like to see on a “Just What You Mean” greeting card?
For your friends? Enemies? How about that sympathy card for THAT dearly departed?

 
Powered by Blogger