Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Cone of Silence

My kids graze constantly. Apples, oranges, bananas, cheese, yogurt, PB&J, you name it as long as it is semi healthy they can have it whenever they want it.

Our neighbor girl comes over after school to play but her mom has asked me not to let her eat anything here because she doesn’t eat her dinner when she gets home. Fair enough, she is their kid, I don’t mind, I am not offended. My kids always want this or that to eat while she is here and I try to put them off because it is rude to eat in front of our friends if they cannot eat too. I have suspected on occasion that it is actually their friend asking them to ask for food so she can have some. But I have never had any proof until today –


Enter the Cone of Silence:



“Amélie ask your mom for some and then you can give it to me, she won’t know”

Um…well…you are in a fairy tent…two feet away from “your mom”…I think she will know…it is a tent - not the Cone of Silence… she can hear you!!!

 
Powered by Blogger